Saturday, April 16, 2005

Jennifer Bivens and Brian Stokes' Wedding


One of Russ' former Academy classmates, Jenn Bivens, was getting married in San Antonio, TX and sent us an invitation.  Obviously, we accepted.  The ceremony was beautiful and held in a lovely church, but I didn't include those photos since you're likely reading this blog for updates on Russ and/or me.
This photo below has six members from the Air Force Academy, Class of 1996.  Russ doesn't remember the name of the first lady on the left, who was in another cadet squadron.  The next five from left to right are:  Taylor, Jennifer Bivens, my handsome hubby Russ, Jack Floyd and Walter Jackim, all from Cadet Squdron 26.

It was much cooler than expected for April in San Antonio.  I hadn't brought a jacket or even a sweater to go with my outfit.  Fortunately for me, Russ is a chivalrous man.


Here's Jenn with her husband, Brian Stokes.


Poor Walt!  I'm sure he spent years enduring being the "most vertically challenged male" in his squadron.  Now he had to be shown up by Amy and Jenn picking him up at the wedding!


I'm glad Jenn and Russ were such good friends all these years because they would have made a very handsome couple otherwise (and I wouldn't be posting these blog updates!).


It was a lovely ceremony and beautiful reception.  I'm so glad we were able to go and I was able to meet more of Russ' friends.  (Several came to our wedding, but that was a pretty hectic weekend for me.  So I didn't really get to know his friends during our wedding.)

No comments: