Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Rachael's June 2004 California Trip

My second cousin Andrea Slosberg was getting married at the end of June in the Los Angeles area.  So I flew out to Ontario CA, where the airport is right along the I-10.  As my dad drove out from Phoenix, he was able to pick me up at the Ontario airport on our way out to Woodland Hills.
The hotel we stayed at was across the street from a lovely outdoor mall. 
The highlight of the mall was it had a Cold Stone Ice Cream store, in walking distance from the hotel!  Needless to say, we may have made a trip or to for ice cream during our stay.  My dad was amazed at the line of people waiting for ice cream.  We'd each bought our cones (mine the Macademia Delight -- sweet cream ice cream with pineapple, banana, coconut and macademia nuts and my dad had the German Chocolate -- chocolate ice cream with caramel, pecans, coconut and fudge) and sat outside for at least 30 minutes enjoying the beautiful weather.  That whole time there was at least a line of 30 people waiting to buy ice cream.
The wedding didn't start until the later afternoon.  So the morning of the wedding there was a car show in the parking lot at the mall across the street from our hotel.  My father loves looking at specialty cars.  Since this was a Ferrari show, he really enjoyed looking at the cars.
 

 
Here's Andrea with her husband, Toyon Proulx.
 

Here are Andrea, Nancy, Ricky and Herschel Slosberg.  (Ricky and my dad are first cousins.  Ricky's dad, Harry Slosberg, and my dad's mom, Rose Slosberg Stoller, were brother and sister.) 

 
It was a great wedding with wondeful food.  Fortunately, as the location for the wedding was at the same turn off where the Reagan Presidential Library is located, former President Reagan died in early June rather than late June.  Or we would have waited several hours getting off the freeway to get to the wedding site.
 
I'd tried getting some photos of my dad with his cousins Ricky and Jeff Slosberg, but the shots didn't turn out too well.
 
Since we were so close to the Reagan Library, my dad and I visited the library a couple days after the wedding.  As with most presidential libraries, it was impressive.
 

I had a wonderful vacation visiting my second cousins and spending so much time with my dad.

No comments: