Thursday, June 3, 2004

Unit Intramural Softball Games

Our unit had a co-ed intramural softball team.  By early June, one of our co-workers, Maj Greg Williams, commented that Russ and I seemed to carpool to all the games.  He asked if we had an "open secret."  I looked at Greg and said with a straight face that it was very open that Russ and I carpool a lot.  So he left things there.
I was really enjoying using my new camera (which happened to be the same make that Russ had but a newer model) at all the games.  At this game, Russ batted 1.000.  He had two triples and a homerun.  I can't remember the other times at bat, other than knowing he got on base each time.
Russ made the "sacrifice slide" into 3rd base.  I guess all those years riding motorcycles made him more immune to "road/dirt rash".

No comments: