Sunday, September 12, 2004

Noland Trail (Newport News VA) 12 Sep 2004

Noland Trail Nature Preserve is just a few miles from our homes.  Before we started dating, Russ would run along the trails for fun.  As the words "fun" and "run" should never be combined in the same sentence (in my opinion), I introduced Russ to the much more leisurely pace of enjoying the trails.  Here I've stopped to feed the geese.
Russ was trying to see how close the goose would come up to him.  (Russ ended up jerking his arm back before he lost a finger.)
It's a beautiful lake with lots of geese, ducks and turtles.
Russ had to show how manly he was and climb a big tree.  As climbing high objects doesn't tend to agree with me (gravity, you know), I stayed on the ground.
You can't see the turtles in this picture, but I was having a great time tossing them little nibbles of bread.

No comments: