Friday, September 24, 2004

Furniture Shopping in High Point, North Carolina

Now that Russ and I are officially engaged, we decided the home we were going to establish would need some new furniture.  Russ "wisely" (more likely "frugally") still had his "2nd lieutenant bachelor furniture".  (He claimed he knew whomever he married would likely have her own decorating styles and he'd learn to live with those.  So he never wanted to invest heavily in furniture while he was still single.)
We'd heard from several people that furniture distributors in North Carolina had really good prices for American-made, solid wood furniture.  So with Russ' plane, we were able to take a day trip to do some furniture shopping.  I got a big kick out of this big commercial airliner having to hold while Russ prepared to land his Piper Cherokee.



While we didn't buy any furniture on the trip, I think Russ enjoyed taking me on a longer flight. 
Russ did learn that I'm a "freak."  After several hours of walking and looking through furniture stores, I told Russ I had to call it a day because my feet were hurting too much.  I asked him if he could hear the bones cracking in my feet with each step I took.  He commented that he thought the noise had been from my sandals.  So I took off my sandals and proceeded to walk bare foot.  I clearly demonstrated my freakiness and that the noise was from my feet and not my sandals.  He claims he still loves me.

No comments: