Sunday, September 12, 2004

Russ Decides to Propose 12 Sep 2004

On the 11th of September, I held a bridal shower for my friend Jackie Day. As with any good bridal shower, there was lots of food, and lots of food left over. So Jackie's fiance Jose and Russ came over afterwards to help finish off some of the food. Naturally, Jackie and I continued talking about the wedding plans and wedding-related items. So that may have gotten Russ started thinking about wedding plans of his own.
But it wasn't until the next day when Russ and I went walking around Noland Trail, a nature preserve near both our homes, that he realized I was the woman for him. I enjoyed the simple things in life, such as walking around a trail with a 99 cent loaf of bread to feed to the ducks/geese, turtles and fish in the lake. That was the day Russ decided to propose; he just needed to decide how and when to propose.